What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that websites store on a device. Cookies can improve your and your visitors’ browsing experience because they help websites remember preferences and understand how people use different features.
Functional and Required Cookies
Our website uses some necessary cookies to allow visitors to navigate and use key features on your site. This does not capture personal data but simply includes 'session cookies' to make our shopping cart work, 'crumb' to prevent forgery and 'recentdirect' to prevent too many redirect loops. Disabling these will effect how the website works.
Analytics and Performance Cookies
We use both Google Analytics and SquareSpace 'performance cookies' to collect information on your behalf about how visitors interact with our website. Again this does not store personal data, but does store information on how visitors (by IP not name) use the website, ie how many pages they viewed, what page they arrived on, what page they left, etc.
These cookies can be identified by the following names:
- ss_cid - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cvr - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cvisit - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cvt - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cpvisit - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cookieAllowed - Remembers if a visitor agreed to placing Analytics cookies on their browser if a site is restricting the placement of cookies
_ga - Used to distinguish users.
_gid - Used to distinguish users.
_gat - Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.
_gac_<property-id> - Contains campaign related information for the user.
Check your cookies
You can see which cookies are active in your browser’s settings. For help, visit your browser’s documentation (please be aware that these links will open in a new window):
More information about Cookies can be found on the ICO's website